Archivo de la categoría: Asian Wifes

Marrying A citizen of Mexico? Getting a Green Card for the New Spouse

Whether marrying in Mexico or perhaps into the U.S., make sure that your wedding is legitimate to see how it may qualify the new partner for U.S. residence that is permanent.

If you should be marrying some body from Mexico, and intend to sponsor the new wife or husband for the U.S. green card (lawful permanent residence), the following is some essential appropriate and practical information.

(Warning: this really is an overview that is general of the procedure works for many people. Your circumstances may provide problems or be eligible for a exceptions; see a legal professional for a complete analysis.)

Immigration Eligibility Predicated On Engagement or Marriage

First, a small back ground on U.S. immigration legislation. Marriage up to a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident provides foreign-born people a primary road to U.S. immigration. As opposed to popular rumor, nevertheless, these individuals don’t straight away or automatically accept green cards or U.S. citizenship.

Through the application process if you are a U.S. citizen, your new spouse becomes your “immediate relative,” and may receive a green card as soon as the two of you make it. This could easily just simply just take 6 months up to a year, and sometimes even much longer.

Then your new spouse can apply for a green card, if desired if you are not yet married and your fiance(e) is still in Mexico, you can, if you are a U.S. citizen, petition for him or her to enter the U.S. as a fiance(e) in order to get married in the U.S.—and. (Or, you are able to elect to get hitched first an additional country, then apply for an immigrant visa with which to enter the U.S.—the exact carbon copy of a green card.)

If you’re a legal permanent resident, your brand-new partner becomes a “preference general,” in category F2A, and certainly will get yourself a visa (and go into the U.S.) just following the visa is becoming available. Sigue leyendo